20 April 2006

Thinking

So often I get all philosophical and really say nothing at all. At times I am so tired that all I care to do is sleep as was the case tonight, but instead I am sitting here writing this because of the caffeine I drank earlier. I did drink it in great company though as we watched "Amores Perros," by far one of the strangest movies I have seen in a while. The buzz also helped us through our victory in broomball this evening 4-3 against a very capable and sportsmanlike team than the other night and no I did not break any bones tonight. I truly enjoyed everything I did tonight, yet at the end of it I come down to scrutinizing my future and all that it may hold, and I think I may have found it. The program is called ACE and it involves teaching underprivileged youths in Catholic schools throughout the country and the world. Along with it you receive a Master's in Education, which of course cannot hurt, and you live in community an idea with which I am already familiar and do relish! Thus the future seems somewhat in line, though I know it will likely not turn out as I plan: couple weeks doing God knows what, then Peru for eight more (for this I am itching to go!!!), another month doing odd jobs, hanging out with friends, maybe working in tile again we shall see. Then off to the big city where I have not completely figured it all out yet, but will do service, live somewhere in Manhattan or nearby, take a few classes at Hunter College, graduate, then do the ACE program or some other such Catholic, service-oriented program. My thanks out to all of those out there who have helped me so much along the way. You know who you are, I thank God for you every day and want to thank you again for being there.

There it is, you have the update on my life. May God bless and keep you all in the time to come, especially all ya with finals, papers and projects...best of luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim,

Keep striving to be fully alive. God has written a greater story and I pray we all may live it forever. As always, be assured of my prayers. Your a great man, Rejoice in our Lord, He has Risen...