02 April 2006

Friends and Music

Sometimes you just got to make the best of your situation, when you sit and feel sorry for yourself nothing happens, we have to go out and pursue the opportunities that present themselves to us. I finally learned a lesson about this last night as I am usually too stubbornly boring to try something new, well I went out to a dance club where I was certain I would not have any fun, but I had a blast. Now this may sound strange, but in the process of trying to save some of the girls in my group from an older professor guy who would not leave them alone, I began to dance with him!!! A little weird I know, but in the heat of the moment it was a lot of fun!!! I need to learn to be less uptight about everything. Often I think too much and forget to have fun, relationships are not like a game of battleship, though all too much I think I do view them that way. To all of you out there reading this, I'm sorry, I'm learning and I'm attempting to move beyond this. There are many excuses I can give for not doing things, but I never look at the possibilities of actually doing things. I'm exhausted right now, but I type this so all of you out there will keep pushing me to have fun. I fear that I lean too much to the conservative side in the social arena, and this does not mean at all that I plan to ever get raging drunk or even drunk at all, sorry I can't bring myself to that, but I do need to loosen up. The Lord made us as social creatures, please continue to challenge me to be one. That's my rant for today. By the way, all my best to Marianne, Laura, María, Lisa, Emily, Karen and all others who went to the Boheme!!! Y'all rock and we'll have to do it again before the summer brings the next epoch in all of our lives!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah.... don't take life (or yourself!) too seriously.... that takes all the joy out of being silly :) hey, and i wanted to say that i appreciated your comment on my blog. though we don't get to chat much, our friendship is priceless and i really enjoy theological and meaningful conversations :)
more coffee/brunch/something soon?

~Lynnea

Tim Malone said...

definatativamente, si es una palabra real, si no entonces ¡sería mi placer!