01 April 2006

Music

Often I am blown away by how closely a certain song or album can speak to my life. Just to name a few I have encountered recently: Brad Paisley's "When I Get Where I'm Going", Jimmy Wayne's "Stay Gone" and "I Love You This Much", Keith Urban's "You'll Think of Me", and for the moment, Garth Brooks' "The Dance"...

Looking back, on the memory of,
The dance we shared, beneath the stars above,
For a moment, all the world was right,
How could I have known, that you'd ever say goodbye,

And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
The way it all would end, the way it all would go,
Our lives, are better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain,
But I'd have had to miss, the dance.

Holding you, I held everything
For a moment, wasn't I the king.
If I'd only known, how the king would fall.
Well who's to say, you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain,
But I'd have had to miss, the dance.

Yes my life, is better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss, the dance

3 comments:

Tim Malone said...

This song speaks to so many different realms in my life right now, but one part in particular where it truly fits.

sirhair said...

I like applesauce

Anonymous said...

Tim Malone - sometimes I miss you and wish we hung out more, then I read this entry and realize the crap you like to listen to and it makes it easier to be slightly disconnected. Kidding - you know you rock my face off and I'm glad you can find inspiration from music, even if it is country. I'm also glad that you have this blog so I can pretend to keep up with your life even though we never see each other these days. Life blows my mind with the directions it takes us. Rock on Tim. -Lee (rainboth, i don't know who this other leelee character is)