26 January 2007

Is this heaven?

No...it's not. Why not, because nothing is ever as easy as it seems. Because this world tells you one thing then comes and slaps you in the face. Because you think you have it, then reality says "Ha Ha! Gotcha!!!" Sales is by no means easy. I need a car, sell me one. I need a dog, find me one that jumps on my kid and licks him to death so I cannot turn down your offer. Make me an offer I cannot refuse.

Reminiscent of The Godfather hey? Now imagine something else. Sell me a work of art. Better yet I will sell you a work of art, and right now you don't even understand what you're looking at. To you it might as well be a blank canvas, or even better a work that your 3 year old child created with his fingers. Imagine the most demanding person you know, imagine trying to sell him a work of art you know nothing deep about. Imagine that you have not been running on a lot of sleep. Imagine that what you have given has not been enough nor does it seem that the future will bring much improvement.

This is what I endure...Why? Because by next year I will be selling you that work of art, I will be able to understand it more clearly myself, I will...Yet, what about today, what about now? I am as much a salesman now as I will be tomorrow. I make you an offer you cannot refuse. Either you give it your all now, or you will live your whole life wondering what would have happened had you given more.

Here is my life right now. Learn from it what you can. The biggest point? We are who we are now, we can be who we can be, yet we must always appreciate who we are.

No comments: