03 June 2006

Too Many Journals

So I just realized that I am trying to keep up with three different journals, slightly challenging I know and thus info is getting put down, but some lost along the way as I cannot remember what I put where. I´m working on getting adjusted though, and I believe that in about two weeks I will be as adjusted as I am going to be. My stomach is taking the longest, and since health affects everything else it has taken some time to get accustomed to everything. But it will come in time and in no way has it stopped any one of us from making the most of our experience. Tomorrow we explore the Arequipan countryside as the elections take place here in Perú. It should be an interesting day. Over the past week we have gotten used to our classes, one on the culture and history of Peru and the other on local archaeology. On that point, Juanita was found right here near the city in one of the volcanoes. She was a sacrifice meant to appease the gods of the hills and mountains which were called Apus. She is one of the oldest, most well-preserved humans ever to be found in such good condition. We will probably see her in one of the museums this week. After the elections tomorrow. We will practice one of the greatest traditions here in Peru, la descansa or rest. I must say too, the Cathedrals and churches here are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen, and make me jealous that I could not have been a peer minister in one of them!!! More to come soon! I hope all is well with yall, I´ll continue praying for you and hope that you are enjoying Latin America as much as I through what I say!!!

God bless and keep!
Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»