06 June 2006

Ok, so I have to ask the question, why do so many of us spend our lives seeking a person that will somehow fill all our needs, love us without fail, and will be perfect in every way that we can marry them and then spend the rest of our lives in endless bliss? That person does not exist, what each of us ultimately desires in the very depths of our souls is God. He is the only one that can fill that need within us, and yet even for those of us who are not involved in a relationship, we often speak of the future person we will find. It is necessary to move beyond this, and for those of you that have, I give you my unending praise. The road of life is difficult, and truly it is easier to endure with a husband or wife by our side, yet I think it is fruitless to actively seek this. The best relationship I have ever been involved in, and some of the best friendships I have, sprung from unexpected moments. There is only need for us to seek the Lord every day in whatever we do, and even though His work may be more easily recognized in some endeavors rather than others, we must persevere, not looking to gain anything for ourselves, but instead to bring further glory to our Creator. We should not squelch our dreams, or change our plans on another person´s account unless we see Christ without fail in what the person does everyday. We do fail, but I believe the most successful relationships spring from those who fight similar fights with sin, and thus can not only share in the moments of happiness, but also in those of difficulty. For truly, as my linear algebra teacher told me once, that which challenges us brings us ever more closely together. What would the world be like if everyone recognized the challenge as the seeking of Christ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just talking with a coworker of mine about how people do search for someone to "complete them" and how that is just not the correct outlook to have. Just to put in my two cents, I think that when you look for someone to be with, you both know that you are perfectly great people on your own, but that you complement each other very well by being a couple.