20 March 2009

Je suis arrivé en France...

Bonjour a tout le monde! After four separate flights and a total of nearly 29 hours of travel I am with Jenna and Alana in their host mom Veronique's flight in Aix-en-Provence, France! Life is different here, but I recall again why I love the European lifestyle. It is not so much about efficiency here, but rather about enjoying life with the quantity of money and possessions that you have been blessed with. God is good to have let me come here, for I already know that this is going to be a life-changing experience, I don't know how many one can have in one lifetime, but I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to experience so many. Tomorrow we will explore the "grand-marché" and hopefully find some good fruits and veggies to feast upon, and perhaps some more elegant European style shoes and clothing in general to sport while I am here. Unfortunately the dirty, unshaven, long-haired American look does not carry one too far over here, but I hope in short order to have all that arranged. I want to take this moment to thank God for all of you who have helped me reach this point. It is amazing to be able to do these things, and with each new experience I come closer to the truth at the heart of it all. The latest revelation for me has been that I take joy not in exploring the world itself, but in exploring the expressions of wonder that fill others' eyes at having a new revelation, going to a new place, feeling understood and loved. What drives each one of us? What fills us with passion? For me, for now, it is to travel the world and see as many places and share them with as many people as possible, but in time I will be ready to settle down, and then in that moment I can pour my gifts and talents into the things that I really enjoy, because they bring others joy. Only God can know exactly what that will look like, but some revelations have already come from this trip, and I look forward to all those that are yet to come....

Love you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are the man love dad

Ben said...

How right your father is. It's good to hear that the homme du monde trumps the western cowboy in gay Paris. Good day.