20 March 2006

New York, New York!!!!

So Ed scared the crap out of me today when he called and told me that he had received confirmation from Hunter College, which we both applied to, but could not find my name in the list of email addresses. But, I kept my composure and stayed in touch with reality in that I could very well go to New Orleans instead, or to the seminary as I have rediscovered many of those sentiments lately...But now we're going, I had faith and thought that they very well could have sent out more than one email, and it turns out they did!!! With trembling fingers I clicked on the email from nsantore and sure enough read the words "Congratulations!" and just about flipped my lid for joy!! (If that's even possible to do). Either way I did it, so today I start spreading the news, tomorrow I start emailing about apartments, and the next I'm off to Peru, then after that it's off to NYC for a year of unbelievable experiences!!! God is good, and He has blessed us both with an incredible opportunity to live in one of the most renowned places on earth. We will return the favor through service to the poor and underprivileged, and visits to many of His churches and cathedrals in the area!!! In many ways I don't believe it, in others I'm anxious about what we will find there, but more than anything else I am so joyful for the opportunity to explore someplace new, and se what the Lord has for us there!!!

2 comments:

Pastor Mark said...

I came across your blog by chance. It is incredible what our world is like today. I'm in Portugal, Europe, reading the thoughts of someone on the other side of the world.
I also have a love for the Lord. It is good to know that He saved me from my sins and that I'm on my way to Heaven. He is good that way.
Just wanted to leave this note of encouragement.

sirhair said...

Praise the Lord and Pass the Praymunition!