21 March 2006

Friends

The Lord touches our lives by the friends that He gives us. In no clearer way have I seen His work in our lives, for it is by these that are closest to us that He challenges us to imagine what more we can be and achieve, and it is also by these that He sometimes provides setbacks that He knows will make us stronger. When we are weakest we seek out the Lord in prayer, and then often our friends in consolation. What a gift the Lord has given all of us. To all those who have been such loyal friends to me I offer you my thanks and prayers. Y'all rock, let's keep fighting the battle together, for yes I can do all things through Him who strengthens me, but it is a lonely road without a community of companions.

2 comments:

sirhair said...

Heaven’s yes it’s hard!
:-) Thanks for being a good friend!

Tim Malone said...

You both have brought tremendous joy and help into my life along the way, thank you for that and for all the good times!!!!