02 September 2008

My life in Kent, OH

Today...I met with the Kent State University women's volleyball coach, and learned that there is a possibility that I could help out with the team. Also, my first class went very well, and I learned some new strategies to try in my own classroom. I have a couple hours between the observation class and my own, and so I prepped some new activities to add to the mix of what I already had and ran for it! The class went well, I am starting to see the chatty side of my class, but I think that they respect me highly.

I have enjoyed teaching, and have done it every day thus far in a shirt and tie. I am used to the sensation, it reminds me of the Boylan days!!! You know you all miss them too! This afternoon I attended my own class on translation theory, which I find very intriguing, and the professor very challenging, both aspects that add to my enjoyment.

This evening I went to Kent Lanes, a place recommended by my roommate, and a place where we all went bowling this past weekend. It was a blast! The people playing were extremely cool and invited me to play on their team on a regular basis. So I guess I am involved in a volleyball league after all, and may not pursue intramurals since these games will go for the next six weeks yet.

Other than these, I am starting to feel tired. I guess all that running and diving, teaching and learning, really does take something out of you. But I wanted to share, and as our translation practice prof recommends: we must maintain those elements in our life apart from whatever our major pursuit may be, otherwise even that major pursuit can become dull and boring, and then life is not at all fun!

I hope you all are well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salut Tim! Tu réussis dans tous ce que tu entreprends, parce que tu es un homme sincère, doué, courageux, et droit. C'est avec plaisir que j'ai fait ta connaissance, et je suis ravie de pouvoir passer plus de temps avec toi. Que Dieu bénisse ta vie et ta présence a Kent.

Ta madmoiselle