07 September 2006

Challenge

Life seems to go this way, that just when we think we are comfortable with where we are at, God throws us a curve that we never saw coming, He calls us out of ourselves from the depths of situations or discussions or relationships in which we may have never realized His presence...but He is there. My mom always enjoyed the song "From a Distance" whose lyrics say that God is watching us...from a distance, but she would always say that this cannot be true, because God lives inside of us, God sends His angels to surround, protect, and guide us. All these things I knew, and know, but they still have not clicked for me in my own personal faith life. I have sought them as I would something that I do not understand, but know that I have to know, and so give a half-hearted effort to working my mind around the concepts. But that is all they have ever been, concepts, this is real, this is the life of faith that we live. Angels do surround us, God truly is here, if we do not come to understand that in a more profound way, how can we expect ourselves to be able to bring others to believe? I tell you that I have not fully believed, nor do I fully yet, but by the grace of God I have realized my ignorance and now seek Him with my whole heart. Please, any of your comments on how to seek this life are welcome. Spiritual direction and prayer are two that I can offer, one I have not yet engaged in, and I have not devoted enough time and energy to the other. I hope this can be a forum in which we all share different ways to seek to live a life for Him. Because that is all that really matters.

No comments: