20 May 2006

Prepping for Peru..

So I haven't blogged in a long while, leaving school will do that to you I suppose. Anyway I hope you all will check up on this periodically as starting on Wednesday I hope to make it my primary means of communication with y'all. I must say that it is strange that just as I am getting acquainted with being at home in Rockford again, I prepare to go where I have never gone before. Not only on a plane, nor even on a plane to somewhere in the US, but instead to a faroff place in Latin America that I hope will be a dream come true. Still the uncertainty creeps in like darkness at the corners of your eyes while you lie in bed praying and preparing for sleep. Yet the reality is that you will wake again and the darkness will have departed, beginning a new day of opportunities, hopes and dreams. This journey will be one not only of the body, but also of the mind and soul; what I find there I will hold in my heart forever, and it will ever impact every single decision I will make in the future to come. Unbelievable!!!

As to the facts, I leave on a Delta flight from O'Hare airport in Chicago Wednesday at 5:30am, that gives you some kind of idea when I'll be leaving Rockford as we lie an hour and a half away from the City, and then will arrive in Atlanta, and after an eight hour layover exploring the supposedly largest airport in the US, I will leave for Lima arriving at around 10:30pm Wednesday night. From there, we stay in a hotel for two nights, leaving ample time to explore the country's capital, then bus down the coast for four days until we arrive at our destination in Arequipa. There we will stay for the following seven weeks. I may not get an opportunity to add to this before I arrive there, so I look forward to telling you all about Peru then! God bless and keep you all, I would appreciate your prayers!

3 comments:

Fr.Dennis said...

Safe travvels, Tim. You will be in my prayers and on my reading list.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»