22 May 2008

Thanks!!!

This goes out to all my volleyball players, with whom I have become such great friends, and was so fortunate to lead through one of the most amazing seasons of my short life. I still cannot believe how much success we had, but found that true relationships and good friendships are built through living our lives together. To run away and seek only for ourselves would not bring this same level of satisfaction, this level of joy, and assurance of being loved. During every huddle, every practice, every match all I had to do was to look into any one of your eyes to see the passion there and the desire to give everything for the cause of the team! Unfortunately this passion is unmatched in the world at large, the working, bill-paying public cannot fathom the depths of our experience this year. I only wish they could, and pray that they will find their passion in a constructive activity.

As we grow, we leave the things of our youth: games, sandboxes, certain toys; but I believe we always yearn to have that feeling again. Being a part of something, thriving on every moment, and anxiously awaiting every future moment to come. This well describes the volleyball season of this past year. Every new match was a new challenge that I could not wait to see you all through. In my heart, and in truth, we were never beaten until that final game. And should we have opportunity to play it again, I have no doubt that we would play it differently and give our opposition a different look.

I cannot describe the joy that I felt last night, looking at all of you guys celebrating a season well-played, and lives well-lived! You are so fortunate, and I am so fortunate to have had you as a part of my life. I love you all very much and look forward to seeing the great things that you will accomplish with your lives. Let only your dreams be the limit. And if you ever want to discuss what that means, I would love to oblige!!! God bless and keep you. Go out there and get 'em!!!

No comments: