09 November 2007

What's next?

Living life to the fullest means times of uncertainty, at least in my situation. For some life has a path, that must be followed to the very end, which of course is death, and for them this is satisfaction. For others, life must always be changing; moving with the ebb and flow of life, and the energy that surges in us one day and leaves us vacant the next. I hope to somehow find a happy medium between the two, because the security of the first appeals to me, but then again the latter is who I truly am, maybe a revelation to me, but to you all who know me so well, just a reiteration of what you always knew! Knowing this more fully now, I know that the future must hold a little bit of everything. I do not think I want to work for a company for a number of years and then get married, retire and live out my life taking cruises. No, I would prefer not to retire; to work for the money I earn, to gain as many experiences possible along the way, and to live out who I am most fully in the vocation I choose. I have so many thoughts from day to day that constantly lead me away from settling down, that lead me to travel, try new things, conquer new mountains, and the thought of buying a home, though appealing, just does not fit in the picture right now. I have a wonderfully loving family who is willing to put up with me, but then again have I worn out my welcome? I am 22 years old, fast coming up on 23, with a college education, all the skills and God-given talents, values and morals that have allowed me to live a free and amazingly blessed life up to this point. And yet we come to a crux, or more appropriately deemed, a point on a line that has yet to take up a new direction. I believe this line must ultimately lead to a more clearly defined area in which I will find the career and vocation that most clearly allows me to actualize as a person. Yet I also know that finding this to perfection is next to impossible in this fallen world in which we live. Still, I seek, and hope to find, knock on as many doors I can, until the next one opens. Just waiting now for a sign, or a twinge of the heart as to which door that might be...

No comments: