21 September 2007

Reality Check

It will never happen to me...what happened to the girl down the street, to the guy on the news, to that girl on the TV show; that sort of stuff never really happens anyway...and then it does. I cannot explain the feeling it gave me, an inability to help in any way, an uncertainty as to how to proceed. Truly we realize in these moments that this world is not of our Lord, Thomas a Kempis had even reminded me that morning in my daily devotional, but I did not take heed until the phone call came later on that morning. Now I do not know what to do, but again, as I am constantly reminded, it is more often who we are to one another rather than what we do. I am saddened that such a profound truth was rammed home by such a profound tragedy, but alas, we are not of this world, and with every step we take in it, that is one more closer to our true home.

No comments: