11 June 2007

Back in Town!

Hey everyone I am back from working on the cruise ships!!! It blows me away that I was gone for five months from the Rockford area, but what blows me away even further is how little a place can change in such a period of time. I love this place, but at the same time I have the same frustrations with getting together with people, because it takes so long to meet up and I am not particularly fond of driving. Oh well. I hope to get back to updating my blog on a regular basis with random and sometimes insightful thoughts. I do hope to write a book someday, now encouraged by a couple of people. Please pray for me in the coming weeks as I will make some important decisions in regard to which path I will next follow. Sometimes I think about putting down roots, but then life often seems to become quite dull if you do something crazy like that! This is just me venting, when I read this later I am sure I will wonder what I was or was not thinking.

At this point though I am truly torn between taking the path of so many around me and pursuing a marriage relationship or accepting a vocation to the priesthood or religious life and settling here in the Rockford area. But I think that I would like to see more of the world before I would go and do this. In all my travels Latin America is still my favorite. I now plan to take a bike trip all the way through. If any of you who read are interested in accompanying me please let me know. I apologize to all of you with whom I have not always been in contact over the past few months, but I want you to know that I did have the adventure of my life on the cruise ship. Both my job and my travels taught me an amazing amount about myself and life in general.

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers until a bit later. If you're in Rockford, give me a call!!!

Cheers!!!!

2 comments:

Lee Rainboth said...

Bike ride across Latin America, huh? Keep me updated. I'd love to say I'd go with you, but I'll probably be in some far off crazy country doing some far off crazy thing myself. I'm glad you're back and definitely want to hear about everything sometime. Talk to you soon.

Fr.Dennis said...

"At this point though I am truly torn between taking the path of so many around me and pursuing a marriage relationship or accepting a vocation to the priesthood or religious life and settling here in the Rockford area. But I think that I would like to see more of the world before I would go and do this."

Or you could become a missionary priest like the priests from Divine Word or the Franciscans....