27 December 2006

New Findings

Life takes us down roads we could not even foresee, then the road seems to turn and we wait for everything to kind of make it around the turn without losing everything from before. Sometimes life is like this, a rollercoaster that we feel we cannot control. Yet, there are simple principles to this life, and they are these: love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and your neighbor as yourself. Everything else flows from this command. I admit though that I often get caught up with the "caesars," with the rulers of this world who demand their pay, and the others who provide for us, but only at a price. It's funny how I grew up hearing the importance of the Great Commandment, and at the same time phrases such as, "Money makes the world go round." Even now I struggle to reconcile these two realities. I am someone who pursues life one hundred percent, whether that mean my career, my education, my faith, my friendships, or my sense of self. I cannot just go halfway, and I feel that is what this dichotomy calls of us. I have always heralded the beauty of finding that which you love to do, then figuring out a way to get someone to pay you for doing it. This I may have found. Yet do I go? Going holds so many implications now. What ever happened to the transition between eighth grade and high school. Shoot I didn't have to do hardly anything and it was done. There were no regrets, no second thoughts, after I had made "my" decision. Now I have second thoughts even before I make decisions. So, to give myself a little advice, and to anyone else who might be listening in. Follow your heart, if an opportunity arises and your heart is cool with it, GO, live your Personal Life Story! If not, keep praying, keep searching, walk with your eyes open, do the work, and soon you will find what you seek. For truly our Lord tells us, SEEK and you will find, ASK and it will be given, KNOCK and the door will be opened to you. We play a role in this our life stories, would that we would have the courage to stand up and live them. May God grant us all the grace and courage to live every day as if it were our last.

No comments: